Instilling a lifelong love of learning
Open Fields is a small non-graded independent school, just off the common on Thetford Hill, Vermont. Founded in 1971 by Jean K. Aull, Open Fields is open to all children, ages 4 through 12.
Open Fields may be small, but it offers big things. In addition to a small student/teacher ratio, Open Fields offers:
- Self-paced learning
- Art and music
- A warm, family-like environment
- Language instruction
- Outdoor adventures
- Hands-on science
- A strong math program
- Over 8,000 books
- Affordable tuition
- Scholarships for eligible families
Our Biennial Fall Event...Saturday, November 7, 2015
WHEN: Saturday, November 7, 2015. Doors open at 12:00. Music, lunch, and kids' activities start at 12pm. Auction starts at 1pm. Download the auction catalog.
WHERE: Thetford Center Community Center (Rt. 113, Thetford, across from the Thetford Center Store)
- Harvest Lunch: an 'all you can eat' selection of soups, pastas, chili, pizza, desserts, and beverages. Plenty of vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-sugar options. $8.00 for adults; $4.00 for children under 12.
- Live Music by nationally-renowned, local musician Senayit (music starts at 12 pm)
- Outdoor kid's activities throughout the afternoon, including Capture the Flag (1 pm), donuts on a string, sack races, old fashioned games, corn dolls, scarecrows, and apple prints
- An auction with auctioneer Dean Whitlock (starting at 1 pm). Get a jump on your holiday shopping or find a treasure just for you. This year's selection of auction items include a Dog Sledding Adventure for 4, a $250 gift card to Pompanoosuc Mills, plants, jewelry, books, arts and crafts, kitchenware, gift certificates for local restaurants, passes, classes, entertainment tickets and more!